Our Hospital is the regional lead for mental health and addiction care in south central Ontario, serving a collective population of more than two million people! At a time when mental health is fast becoming one of the largest healthcare issues facing our nation and our world, research into this area of health is vital. St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is pleased to accept donations to support research projects in the mental health and addiction program at our Hospital. Currently there are research projects underway in the following areas and more:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Alcoholism and its Causes and Treatments
- Medication Effectiveness in Depression and Schizophrenia
- Women’s Mental Health: from Puberty Through Post-Menopause
- Effects of Physical Activity on Depression and Anxiety
Click here to make a gift to mental health research.
Click here to visit the website for the Research Institute of St. Joe’s Hamilton