The Father Sean O’Sullivan Research Centre is an umbrella organization that includes clinical and evaluative research happening at our Hospital that is not affiliated with Mental Health & Addictions, Kidney & Urinary or the Firestone Institute for Respiratory Health.
- Clinical research at St. Joe’s begins and ends with the patient in mind.Dedicated clinicians have launched research studies that have aimed to directly improve the care that our patients receive on a daily basis.
- Evaluative research is a critical component of healthcare-related research that analyzes the effectiveness of medical treatments and programs. St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton is home to Programs for Assessment of Technology in Health (PATH) and the Centre for Evaluation of Medicines. As home to these two organizations, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton has contributed heavily in guiding the healthcare expenditures of our federal and provincial governments.
Clinical Research Areas:
- Critical/Intensive Care Research
- Gastro-Intestinal Research
- Geriatric Research
- Cardiovascular & Thromboembolic Resarch
Evaluative Research Areas:
- Laser Treatment vs. Surgery for Prostate Cancer Patients
- Review of Epilepsy Treatments for Children
- Research Methodologies and Best Practices
Click here to support clinical & evaluative research at St. Joe’s
Click here to visit the website for the Research Institute of St. Joe’s Hamilton